We know you need to enhance customer engagement, digitally enable your operations and drive increased quality across your services – all whilst spending less.
Glue Reply is an outcomes-focused Strategy & Enterprise Architecture Specialist trusted by public and private sector organisations alike to solve complex problems. We help our clients succeed by turning strategy into tangible solutions and vision into practical outcomes. We diagnose the challenges and advise on the way to make real impact – enabling you to deliver meaningful change.
Customer value is becoming increasingly important in everything an organisation does and both, ITIL and IT4IT, have introduced the concept of value in their latest framework iterations. But how can you maximise value whilst minimising costs?
Many IT organisations operate in complex environments spanning a multitude of technologies supported by numerous suppliers. Accelerated investment in new business technologies places ever increasing demand on the IT operations teams expected to manage them. Doing “more for less” has become the new mantra. How do you ensure you are making the most of every £ you spend on managing your IT services? And how do you ensure you invest in the right things?
Understanding what is important to your internal and external customers and aligning all activities to drive customer value has formed the basis of methodologies such as Lean and Six Sigma in the business domain for some time. Taking a value-led, process-centric approach enables IT organisations to drive performance by doing the right things at the right time, right first time. It supports the identification of activities that do not contribute to value creation and helps to reduce or eliminate them and sustainably reduce costs.
- Understand your customers and their requirements to set the right KPIs, driving performance aligned to what customer value.
- Centre service strategy around customer needs and design IT services that will drive value for your customers.
- Take a data driven approach to decision making.
- Focus investment on customer value creation.
- Make automation decisions based on where they will achieve the most benefit.
- Understand your cost drivers, and focus cost reduction efforts on the right activities for maximum benefit.
- Lean 4 IT helps you better understand your current performance – enabling you to focus your effort on those initiatives with the potential to add the greatest value.
- Reduce your footprint on activities that your customers don’t value.
- It isn’t always clear where the boundaries of a process are and who the stakeholders involved in delivering the outcomes are, especially in larger or complex IT organisations. In many situations, processes appear to flow seamlessly from one to another. JML processes are a good example of this, usually spanning various teams or even departments with unclear responsibilities.
- Creating a SIPOC with clear start and stop points and calling out the actors in each step quickly brings clarity to this question focusing effort, adding analysis and enabling improved stakeholder communication.
- Typically done at the beginning of a Root Cause Analysis, Ishikawa diagrams help in finding out where a problem is and organising the causes for a problem.
- Using the data that is gathered from this diagram, you can find out where a process is faulty or underperforming, and see where you need to make appropriate changes for process improvement.